drawings from popular and reality television by Jenny Robins. Suggestions welcome - use hashtag

Sunday, May 19, 2013

eurovision

I did some live drawing of Eurovision's silliest wisest  lyrics last night which can be seen below. They are not strictly within the rules I set myself for the project. But it was a special occasion. (Eurovision)

I have a long and rich relationship with total Eclipse of the Heart, and a healthy respect for Bonnie Tyler, who was the UK's representative at Eurovision this year. She didn't do very well, but that's not her fault. They hate us Bonnie, not you. 

And it is good to see that she has a healthy respect for mankind's capacity to trust the information provided by the senses. She knows she's not invisible, although she doesn't seem to be interested in the belief of people who have faith in things other than what they can see. Like God. Or atoms. 

Or love. 

I am very interested in Andrius Pojavis' shoes. They sound very important. I don't know why this song didn't do better. I thought it was very wise and insightful. Love and Pain ARE like a pair of shoes. You CAN have one without the other, but you will have at the very least a cold foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment